Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dolls taking you to era of Ramayana

Already I've posted about the Dasara dolls when I visited a shop,  in  previous post . I entered another shop. At the entrance itself, there were many beautiful dolls. Here you can view those:
When I entered the shop, I felt that I was in the era of Ramayana. I'm not writing anything, you just experience the same. These dolls take you to the era of Ramayana:
1. Ramajanma- Birth of Rama(Can you see those cute cradles?:-))
2. Taataki Vadha- Rama and Laxmana killing demon Taataki 
3. Rama and Laxmana fighting with the demons Mareecha and Subahu

4. Seeta Swayamvara


Closer view of Seeta Swayamvara
5. Rama going for Vanavasa

6. Shhorphanakha and Laxmana

7. Seetapaharana- Ravana kidnapping Seeta

8. Rama meeting Shabari


9. Vaali vadha- Rama killing Vaali


10. Raavana and Angada
11.  Seeta in Ashokavana
12. Kumbhakarna.
13. Seeta Agnipravesha
14. Shree Rama Pattabhisheka (Crowning ceremony)
Hello...already in era of Ramayana?  Could meet many of the characters of Ramayana? Even I felt the same, when I was in the doll shop. 

Dasara is also celebrated in Devi temples, by decorating Devi in different forms. Last weekend I had been to Tiruvannamalai, where I visited a Devi temple. Idol of Devi was decorated as Shri Krishana. I will share about that in the next post. 

Until then,
Love , laugh and live the life to the fullest,
-Ranjana

11 comments:

  1. Ranjana, This is wonderful. The dolls display all significant events of the Ramayana - quite fascinating !

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome... kudos to your passion and interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice-we don't get to see this in north India.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome ! yeah already in the world of Ramayana !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, ranjana, this is so creative and cool. Simply loved the idols and figures in the photographs.
    Keep up the good work and keep posting :)

    Regards

    Jay
    http://road-to-sanitarium.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see the whole epic depicted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please let us know if you plan to sell these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks so much. I saw these in Khadi Kraft in Chennai when I happened to visit it in Sep 2011. They had about 21 sets (scenes then).
    I have about 4 of them now. Looks amazing and am slowly planning to collect the entire set.I was looking for a blog like yours who will showcase all available crafts back home so NRIs like us can benefit from it. again, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Google analytics