Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Work In Progress on Wednesday- Cross stitch

This week sharing about, cross stitch work, which I have started long back. This has taken too much of time. My sister is also helping me to complete this project. My mother has made same design and she gifted it to her friend. About her work I had shared in one of my posts- Inheritance . 
Here is the work we started:
Cross stitch
Cross stitch on 1meter X 1 meter cloth
 We have completed working on the main design, the two horses. Now we need to fill it with maroon threads.It won't be completed so soon, cross stitch is always time consuming and this one is nearly 1meter X 1 meter cloth.
The close view of the work:
Cross stitch
Closer view of Cross stitch work
Hope with the help of my sister , it will be completed soon :)
The WIP , I posted two weeks' back is completed. Here is the saree I designed:
Kalamkari Patchwork
Saree with Kalamkari patch work

I have attached the Kalamkari border with brown raw silk border . Attached a  antique gold color lace along, the border.
Kalamkari Patchwork
The border- combination of Kalamkari, raw silk and antique gold lace
Loved the combination, couldn't resist designing jewelry- a simple neck piece with hand-painted pendant and  Rudraksh beads.The Durga pendant, Rudraksh and the Kalamkari border are going well with one another. What do you say?
Kalamkari Patchwork
Jewelry designed for the saree

Will keep sharing about different arts and crafts forms , in coming posts,

Until then,
Love , laugh and live the life to the fullest,
-Ranjana

4 comments:

  1. I must say everything turned out so beautiful. I loved the saree and your neckpiece. Here in the pics it's looking light brown, it would have been perfect if it was a bit darker in shade. Waiting to see your compketed cross stitch..

    Cheers,
    Vasudha @ The Sunshine Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an artistic saree design! Good luck with your cross stitch, that's a big project. It would have been less work if done on maroon fabric. Many stitchers use dyed aida fabric for cross stitch if the background filling requires lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ranjana!I am looking forward for the finished cross stitch project.The Saree you designed is indeed very beautiful and your handmade neck piece is complementing very well.
    Thanks for leaving words of appreciation on my blog .Apologies for not being able to visit the blogger world regularly ,was too caught up with the things around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.. this is so beautiful. Seems like a lot of work. No wonder it is taking you long. Look forward to see the cross stitch completed.

    ReplyDelete

Google analytics