Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Saree Design -With Kalamkari border again

I never get contended with collecting and designing with  traditional paintings of India. Kalmakari is one such art. I have kalmkari patches, kalamkari borders, kalamkari duppata, kalamkari saree , kalamkari hand block printed clothes etc. Still whenever I see clothes with kalamkari art, I end up buying that. :-). I have designed 3-4 sarees using kalamkari patches. First one was with Paisley designs , and recently designed some sarees with Kalamkari border for my customers.

Another saree with blue silk material and Kalamkari border was designed with a zari border. If I use zari border and cloth with zari motifs, I can't wear it on casual day. So this time designed Kalamkari saree without zari, so that I can wear it anytime , any day :-).
Here it is :
Kalamkari saree
Kalamkari saree

I chose a beautiful Kalamkari border with peacock design, in light green color. Here is the Kalamkari border:
Kalamkari saree
Kalamkari border

I was searching for a right cloth for this border. I could have chosen dark green or pink. But decided to avoid dark colors this time. So selected pastel color . As the border has pink color too, I chose pink color as contrast. For the pink color , I used the cloth from my mother's old silk saree.
Here are the materials I used :
Kalamkari saree
The materials chosen

Attached the kalamkari patch as border along the saree, contrasting it on both the sides with small strip of pink silk cloth.
Kalamkari saree
Kalamkari saree

The pink silk saree cloth is remaining . So I will use it for the blouse. Though it has some glossy silk look, but I can wear it on casual day too. Or shall I choose a blouse in cotton for this?

Designing dress with  Kutchwork, learning some more forms of crafts. Eager to share my experiments and experiences with arts and crafts with you.

Love , laugh and live the life to the fullest,
-Ranjana
 

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Everything with peacock motif is always more interesting! This is a very nice saree :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a very pretty saari.i think pink blouse will look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Kalamkari border with peacock design.So pretty.<3<3<3.

    Cheers,
    Sriram & Krithiga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the second saree a lot, although all the 3 of them are pretty too.

    xoxo - C
    Style.. A Pastiche! Styleapastiche.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Love the colours.
    The pink works so well with this piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have designed the saree so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the beautiful color contrast you've created here. You should click one picture wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. super creative and so well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creatively done! I liked the idea of adding pink border to this.It has enhanced the look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so creative, keep it up 👍

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous. Exquisite design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, this saree is so pretty I want to follow this blog very nice work

    Have a look at my blog I guess you'll like it
    rnk-designs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Google analytics